Just in time or the holidays. Many people think for some reason Jamaicans don't eat ham. Where they got that notion I don't know. Here is a popular recipe for the season. You will find it is very similar to the way it is prepared in Jamaica. You can garnish the ham with the slices of orange and banana
- 1 lb. (5 kgs) ham
- 1 bottle marmalade
- 2 tsps. grated orange rind
- 2 cups fresh orange segments
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 15 whole cloves
- 2 Tbsps. vinegar
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Bake ham in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F, (15 minutes for each pound).
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat marmalade until it is of a syrupy consistency.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, remove marmalade from heat and blend in orange segments, banana slices and lime juice.
- Spoon mixture over ham 15 minutes before it is finished baking.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and vinegar, brush this over ham. Bake ham for a further 15-20 minutes.