- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 yellow and/or red peppers, cored, seeded and cut in lengthwise julienne slices
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked drained black beans
- 2 cups cooked broccoli floweretes (just the top portion of small broccoli)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano or ½ teaspoon dried
- Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic, onions and peppers just until limp. Add drained, cooked black beans. Cook fettuccini in rapidly boiling salted water just until cooked. Drain and toss with olive oil.
Combine cooked pasta with pepper mixture, broccoli and seasonings. Sprinkle generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This can be served hot or at room temperature as a salad or main dish.