Subscribe to Time To Eat Mon by Email

Monday, November 19, 2007

Banana Chips

http://www.nutsonline.com/images/items/01011l18.jpg

Well, I had to edit this post, because I had some error message on the picture I had on here first. Banana chips are so good. I usually get it from the health food stores because they seem to have a fresher taste there.

However I wanted to share a really simple way to make the chips. This is done in the oven and not as greasy when you fry it. It also has a more authentic taste.

2 large firm Bananas
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Cut bananas diagonally into 1/8-inch thin slices. Dip banana slices into fresh lemon juice. Place slices on baking sheets sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.

Bake at 200 degrees F, 2 hours.

Turn slices over; continue baking 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until slices are crisp.

Remove slices to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container

Image source:

No comments: