I found this wonderful recipe on Jamaicans.com I love Roast Fish.
- 4 small whole gutted doctor fish or turbit/turbot (some times spelt terbit)(you can use any small fish)
- 2 small onions
- 3 sprigs scallions
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 10 pimentos
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 table spoon pepper
- 1 garlic
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/4 cup pick a pepper sauce
- aluminum foil paper
- Wash fish with cold salt water or vinegar.
- Wash fish in with vinigar and water
- Pour picka-peppa into bowl
- Dice up onion, thyme, escallions, scotch bonnet pepper, garlic & combine
- Add salt, pepper, pimento
- Combine all and mix in the bowl of picka-pepper sauce
- Dry and place each fish on a sheet of foil
- Stuff each fish with the seasoning mixture & wrap completgly in foil
- Roast on open grill for 30 minutes or in an oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serves 4
*If you can't get pick-a-peppa sauce you can use Worcestershire sauce, with a little bit of sugar.