I found this recipe on FoodJamaica.net. I love Corn porridge, but don't like hominy corn (figure that one out).
- 1 Cup Hominy Corn
- 2 cups Coconut milk (Skim milk can substitute)
- 3-5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- brown sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg to taste
- vanilla - optional
- Put the Hominy corn in a slow cooker and fill with 3-5 cups water and leave for 5-6 hours (or Overnight). Be sure the Hominy corn is completely submerged and there is enough water to leave it overnight. Add a teaspoon of salt to taste (option). If you do not have a slow cooker you can leave hominy corn to soak in water overnight.
- Pour coconut milk in a pot and boil on a medium/high burner
- Drain the water from the corn
- Pour the Hominy corn in the pot with the coconut milk.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of flour and 6 tablespoons of water together to make a paste.
- Pour the flour and water paste in to the pot and mix
- Sweeten with sugar to taste
- Add vanilla to taste (Optional)
- Stirring constantly to prevent lumping.
- Sprinkle nutmeg to taste
- Continue cooking and let it simmer over low heat.
- Cook for about 10-15 mins. then serve.