Subscribe to Time To Eat Mon by Email

Monday, February 23, 2009

Garlic Shrimp with Papaya


I must admit I am not a papaya fan. I use to be growing up, but I think I grew out of that taste range because I ate it so much. However, for you papaya fans out there here is a tasty combination. Shrimp and papya. enjoy.

INGREDIENTS :

  • 3 tbsp. butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh
  • 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled, deveined (may leave tail portion on)
  • half a medium papaya, chopped into 1/2" chunks (can use a bit more or less if you desire)

Directions

  1. In a saucepan, melt butter.
  2. Sauté garlic and onion. Once sautéed, add papaya and thyme, stir until papaya just begins to get mushy.
  3. Pour mixture into a bowl and then sauté shrimp in the same saucepan (with a little more butter) for a couple of minutes.
  4. Finally, add the papaya/garlic/onion mixture back in for another 5 minutes on low heat till shrimp is cooked.
  5. Serve over rice or with noodles.

No comments: