Okay, someone told me the other day that Jamaicans do not eat pasta. WHAT? It is not an official dish, but Jamaicans pretty much eat any kind of food. Here is a really simply Pasta Dish with some authentic Jerk chicken thrown in...
- boneless chicken breast halves (or you can use thigh meat)
- 2 teaspoons jerk sauce (click on recipe in the preparation section)
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked bowtie noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, soft and drain .
- . Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk sauce, white wine,
- juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken.