The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan, syn. Cajanus indicus) is a member of the family Fabaceae. Other common names are arhar (Bengali), red gram, toovar/toor (Hindi/Gujarati/Marathi/Punjabi), toovaram paruppu ( Tamil),togari (Kannada), Kandi (Telugu), gandul, guandul, Congo pea, Gungo pea, Gunga pea, and no-eye pea.
- 1 1/2 c. cooked and sieved pigeon peas.
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot
- 3/4 c. stock (chicken or beef)
- 3/4 c. Milk
- salt and pepper to taste
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Add stock to peas and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, mix milk and cornstarch and add to peas; add salt and pepper and continue to boil for a few minutes.