Well, you know Easter time is coming. So get prepared by getting your ingredients for your Jamaican Easter Bun. Easter can never be Easter without bun and cheese mon. On Good Friday, there is usually no cook meals. People would only eat bun and cheese all day. (of course many of us would not mind that). Easter bun is believed to have come from England (a cousin to the Hot Cross buns).
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon browning
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoon melted margarine
- raisins and mixed peel (amount based on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Measure all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into bun shaped baking pans and bake in a moderate 350F until done well.
- Glaze with Sugar and water or pancake syrup and serve.