1 pound Jamaican okra, trimmed, washed, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 medium Jamaican onion, coarsely chopped
1 Jamaican green pepper chopped
4 large Jamaican tomatoes; peeled and chopped
½ cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons Jamaican lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
A pinch of salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1½ pounds shrimp; peeled and de-veined
hot cooked rice
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted.
2. Add the Jamaican onion and Jamaican green pepper; toss to coat evenly. Cook
until the Jamaican onion is translucent.
3. Add the Jamaican tomatoes, wine, Jamaican lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the Jamaican tomatoes soften.
5. Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.